Sunday 18 September 2016

8tracks


           The above link is one of my favorite websites for accessing free music. It takes only a couple minutes to make an account, and even without an account you can explore different playlists and genres of music. On the explore page of 8tracks they have different categories based on the type of mood you’re in, which is what entices me most to 8tracks. Thus, if you are in the mood to study, or chill, they have playlists titled after that, with plenty of songs on that playlist so you wont have to keep picking certain songs. In addition, they have playlists listing off what is popular and trending now which keeps you up to date with recent, mainstream music. Furthermore, along with 8tracks offering a wide variety of music to users, it also is an innovative website where anyone can be their own DJ. Users are given the opportunity to upload music they make to their profile, sharing it with the public, and potentially developing their own fan base. Thus, it is more then just a website with a variety of free music and playlists, but a place where individuals can use their creativity and allow their voice to be heard to the public. If you are ever looking for a new way to access free music with unlimited options 8tracks is the way to go!

4 comments:

  1. Great post! 8tracks is a website I have been using for years and I absolutely love it. I enjoy the feature that allows you to listen to playlists that cater to the mood you are in. I also agree that it is an innovative website that allows you to have more creativity and freedom when playing music. It is a great outlet for free music, well said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that 8tracks is a great site to use for accessing music! I love how it allows you to choose different playlists based on your current mood. In the past when I've used similar sites with that same feature I found I wanted to skip through most songs, but I find that I always enjoy the songs that have been added to the particular playlists on 8tracks. I hate having to keep changing through songs while I'm trying to do work or even while working out because it takes the focus away from what I should be doing so that's why 8tracks is my go-to site when looking for music!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8tracks is a great website! I have been using it for years to find new and interesting music that I would normally not have been exposed to. I really enjoy how you can type in any type of music and it will automatically create another category to match with, to create a specific curated playlist. This feature creates more selection than Spotify Free. Another feature I particularly enjoy is that you can heart or favourite a playlist and save it for another time. Like Lbutters said, this allows you to easily find playlists again; a convenient feature when there is so much selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who still doesn't know how to use iTunes (even though I am a mac and apple user for years now...) 8tracks is an awesome website for me to find music in an instant! I'm all about keeping up with the "cool" music and I love that 8tracks has playlists just for that! My roommates and I always use it especially when we are getting ready to go, so we pick a good pump up playlist! Great post!

    ReplyDelete