Tuesday 20 September 2016

Wendy Williams: Infotainment Talk Show

In the summer I worked with a bunch of younger people (mainly 18 year olds) and they made fun of everyday for not being "in the loop" (yes I did just not in the loop, so clearly I'm not in the loop...). Anyways.... I started watching The Wendy Williams Show on youtube. I typically only watch it for the gossip because it is fun, and then I know what is going on in the world. Throughout the summer it became more apparent to me that many different age groups know the big gossip, probably because there are so many different ways to learn about it. Even big news stations talk about the Kardashians!

As I mentioned above, I watch Wendy's show on youtube. I subscribe to her channel so I can see when new videos come out and I can keep track of what I have seen and what is suggested for me to watch. Now I am hooked to her show, I still use it for the gossip - so I can seem cool and know what is going on with Kim, Kanye, and Taylor swift for example. But I also watch her for new trends coming in and she teaches me to be sassy! She always says point with the pinky! She is funny and entertaining as hell! 

What I also like about my new found love for Wendy is when she is talking about something important that is happening in the news, I usually go and look it up myself after to get more information! Even though I could look up the news on my own Wendy Williams show helps me stay connected to the social world as well as the political world! 

If you haven't watched her... you should!

The link below is an example of her talking about a big scandal that happened over the summer. Luckily for me when the younger girls came into work after this all happened I was up to speed and able to talk about it more. Laugh all you want, but we spent the whole day debating which side we were on, Kim and Kanye's or Taylor. (Obviously if you have heard about this Taylor is in the wrong!)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOAcp5z7i5U

1 comment:

  1. I for some reason find Wendy Williams very interesting to watch as well. When I scroll through YouTube her videos always come up, and although I find her to have a very one sided approaches to the story. I still am drawn to her and her lively clips of what's going on in the media. Talk shows are interesting aspect to social life, as I find they're there to recycle and produce stories that we as the public don't even know to be true.

    ReplyDelete