Saturday 17 September 2016

BlogTO

There is always something interesting to read or look at on BlogTO, which is why it’s my favourite blog. Being a Torontonian, it’s intriguing to read about different attractions I have never heard of, the latest food fad that is trending, or what the worst movies at TIFF were – all in my own city! Apart from keeping me up to date with the latest news, I use the blog primarily as a search function for when I want to try a new restaurant. BlogTO has plenty of “Best Of…” lists that range from the best cocktail in Toronto, to the best grilled cheese sandwich in Toronto. Whatever my craving is, BlogTO can tell me exactly where to go.

Currently, BlogTO’s Facebook page has over 207,000 likes. They use multiple social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, and Pinterest, to keep in touch with audiences all over the Internet. This blog manages to make me spend hours of time on the Internet, but at least it makes me feel more connected to my city wherever I go.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica, I personally love Blog TO and read their articles quite a bit. Being a native Torontonian I can relate to almost every one of their posts. I am a huge fan of their best of lists, especially for restaurants. I also look forward to their house of the week which often shows off some of the best architecture that the city has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BlogTO is a great source of information for the people of Toronto. Although you mentioned that they have resources across various channels, I only view their content on Facebook. This summer I actually tried a few of their restaurant suggestions and checked out some new and exciting places around the city. I myself don't know when BlogTo came out, but it is strongly competing with Narcity. Both have online channels that share similar content, however Narcity can customize their location where as BlogTo is obviously stuck to Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BlogTO is definitely one of my favourite blogs especially as a Torontonian. It usually opens my eyes to things I never normally think about when it comes to Toronto. I use it to figure out places to explore as well as articles that I can relate to. Ones that are especially relevant to me are the posts about the TTC because it is my main source of transportation as well as the place I work at during the summer.

    ReplyDelete