Saturday 17 September 2016

Apple Music


http://www.apple.com/ca/apple-music/membership/

Recently, I have been interested in Apple Music. Apple Music is application connected to Apple that requires a membership of either $9.99/month or $14.99/month (for up to six people to be able to be linked to the latter membership) and gives you access to all albums and songs that Apple holds in their library. Alongside this, during the sign-up process, the application asks you questions regarding your preference in music in order for them to be able to recommend you songs and artists that it believes you will enjoy.

I am enjoying Apple Music more than downloading individual songs or albums off of Apple's iTunes, or using other applications such as Spotify, which gives you access to songs although does not allow you to download them onto your phone or computer and are known for the immense amount of advertisements that are presented between songs. I enjoy Apple Music because for the $14.99 price, six people are able to gain access to Apple's whole library for the price of one album. Another reason I like the application is because I am a student and music plays a large role in socializing in University. I am able to download the songs I enjoy while also having access to the songs that my friends enjoy, which is useful for larger gatherings. Of course people are still able to download the songs they want to hear illegally onto their gadgets for free, but through Apple Music one is still able to support their favourite artists by buying their music while it being more cost-effective for the audience. Another added bonus of Apple Music is that it does not take up as much space on your gadgets when compared to iTunes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah,
    I'm really interested in buying Apple Music as I currently use the free version of Spotify and hate the constant adds. I'm glad to hear such positive things about it and am more inclined to purchase it! I'm worried that if I decided to cancel this plan all the music would be lost. I have to look further into this and then decide. Thanks for the help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah!

    I had the free trial for Apple Music and thoroughly enjoyed how easy and accessible it was to download any song from the Apple Library. However, when the free trial was over, I did not choose to sign up and pay to continue to use the software. After hearing your perspective, you almost talked me into it again! You make very true statements and I do really enjoy the aspect of being able to download songs that my friends like without having to buy each song individually like I would now. You definitely persuaded me a little more, thanks!

    ReplyDelete