Monday 19 September 2016

Song Exploder

This is a podcast I found online and have been listening to for a while now. The creator and host Hrishikish Hirway talks with musicians about their creative process in creating popular singles. He has interviewed a wide range of artists allowing them to break down the music for listeners. They are shorter podcasts centred around one song specifically. Some other artists that he has interviewed with are U2, Ghostface Killah, MGMT, and the Lumineers. 

http://songexploder.net/episodes

The podcast allows for the artists to open up about the motivations and inspirations that helped to create the songs we love. By having the artists interviewed it gives another aspect to the song that can help people to understand their favourite or any artist better. When I first tuned into the show, I was listening to a podcast with Chet Faker. He is an artist that I have listened to for a while now and love his music.  Hearing him talk about 'Gold' allowed me to gain an appreciation for the pure artistic sense that he has. 

http://songexploder.net/chet-faker

Listen away to artists you like, or want to know more about!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I never knew this site existed, it's fascinating and cool. I'm a huge fan of music, and it's cool to see some of the artists that I listen to having been interviewed. The podcast with The Postal Service was really appealing to me because I don't actually go to youtube and watch videos of interviews with artists, but they don't really do that unless it's on the Jimmy Fallon or Kimmel shows, and the singer is promoting their new album. It would be really cool to listen to a podcast with Greg Laswell, Sufjan Stevens or A Day To Remember. Overall, great post!

    ReplyDelete