Monday 19 September 2016

Buzzfeed



Buzzfeed is a site connecting readers to entertaining and relatable articles as well as articles concerning information and updates on current events. The information displayed in the articles can be very helpful and useful to students as we are short in both time and money, making it difficult to achieve particular goals and remain aware and connected to current events. Buzzfeed articles are able to encourage and aid in planning, possible alternatives as well as strategies in order to achieve personal goals such as eating healthier or maintaining daily work out plans. I find these articles useful and although I may not follow them completely, aspects of them may be beneficial to add on to my own ideas. I also find myself spending a lot of time looking through their Tasty videos. I find these videos useful because as a university student it's difficult to be eating healthy food on a budget with minimal time to cook between classes and work. These recipes are easy to make, can be relatively cheap and will not make huge portion sizes, which is perfect for students only cooking for themselves. Whether you're looking for a manageable way to meal prep for the week or wanting to stay connected to the most recent Donald Trump news, Buzzfeed is the perfect site enabling you to do both!

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I totally agree that Buzzfeed has succeeded in attracting the young adult age group by making the articles free and often times to the point so that people don't get lost in text heavy articles. They are one of many sites that are integrating news, health, food recipes and various other topics so that for users this site becomes a one stop shop for all necessities and online needs. Buzzfeed is perfect for staying connected and offers something for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I also love watching their cooking videos. I personally do not every copy down any of the recipes but really enjoy remembering certain ingredients that are used, its a great way to get out of your comfort zone when cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girlfriend is obsessed with Buzzfeed! I've even began using the site myself and totally understand why so many do. Mind you, the articles have less than 0 journalistic integrity, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't insanely entertaining. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big buzzfeed supporter. Not only is it incredibly entertaining with all the fun quizzes, but I feel that it keeps me updated on current events and well as makes me laugh with articles such as "19 dogs who are honestly going straight to jail". I LOVE the tasty section of buzzfeed and I agree and truly believe that tasty has broadened not only my cooking skills but also my interests in food. Overall, I am a lover of this site whether its to make dinner, procrastinate or laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog post this week! I too am obsessed with buzzfeed. I think they have a way with contacting to young adults our age. The segments that they release connect with individuals on different levels. They react to things or situations as some individuals would like to but would never admit. Not only do they lighten up situations with their funny videos but they have fun quizzes, diy craft idea, as well as food recipe. Overall, buzzfeed is a fun and interactive site for young people to explore. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete